As a TaroWorks administrator, there are times when you want a piece of information written or referenced that the mobile user doesn't need to see. The best example of this is the unique identifiers you use when referencing or updating existing Salesforce records in the system. These are typically auto-numbers and don't have any meaning to the mobile user on their own. Starting in TaroWorks 4.5, in order to still use that value, but prevent the mobile user from having to see it, you can hide the question.
- A. Hiding a Question - Any question type can be marked to be hidden from the mobile user in your Survey, except the 10 PPI questions found in PPI Templates.
Before you Begin:
- Have TaroWorks 4.5 or above installed in your Salesforce Instance.
- Review the order of operations of our many Survey Question features
- Click on the Surveys Tab.
- Create or Edit a Survey.
- Create or Edit a Question.
- Check Hidden.
NOTE: If a question or section is skipped with Skip Logic, no value is written to Salesforce.
- Click Save.