Starting in TaroWorks 4.6, you can scan barcodes or QR codes to select a record(s) in each level of your drill-down hierarchy. This feature allows you to instantly validate the value scanned against a list of values from Salesforce. The following article contains the steps to enable scanning in a level of your drill-down hierarchy.
Before you Begin:
- Your mobile devices will need to have an app installed in order to scan QR codes or barcodes.
- A. Configuring the Job to Scan Codes in the Drill-down Hierarchy - How to configure the Job to enable scanning on a particular Drill-down hierarchy level.
- B. Mobile User Scanning - Scanning on the mobile device.
- Open the level of the drill-down hierarchy, for which you'd like your mobile users to be able to select a record or records by scanning.
- Check Allow Mobile User to Scan Barcode to Select Record.
- Select the field containing the value that will be scanned. (This does not need to be the same field that is being displayed on the drill-down. For example, the mobile user may be looking at a list of product names, but can scan and select records based on a Product ID field)
- Click Save.
- When you get the level of the drill-down hierarchy that has been configured to allow for scanning there will be a barcode icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- To scan values, press the barcode icon.
- Once the value has been registered by the scanning app, you'll be returned to the drill-down hierarchy. If the value scanned was found in the list, it will be selected. If not found, an error will be displayed. If you can select multiple records in the final level of the drill-down, you can choose to continue scanning for additional records to select.