TaroWorks uses Salesforce's Partner Community feature to facilitate communication to and from the field. The field officers will need to be entered into Salesforce as contact records that belong to an account that is enabled as a Partner Account. You may have use cases that necessitate the use of Accounts other than the TaroWorks Partner Account for your mobile users. This article will detail how to set up an additional account.
Before you Begin:
- Log in to Salesforce as a System Administrator.
Create Partner Account
- Navigate to Administer > Manage Users > Roles.
- If an informational page displays, click Set up Roles button.
- Click Add Role link and create a role. (A minimum of 1 role in the hierarchy is required.)
- Navigate to Setup > Administer > Manage Users > Users.
- Ensure that your user record is assigned to a role.
- Click on the Account tab. (You might first need to change to the Sales app by clicking the oval on the top right corner.)
- Click the New button.
- Enter an Account Name.
- Enter any of the account information that you wish.
- Click Save.
- Click Manage External Account and select Enable As Partner.
- Click OK on confirmation window.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a Partner Account. From the Contacts associated with this account, you can create Partner Community Users for your field officers.