You have now finished all the configuration steps in Salesforce for TaroWorks 4.7.X. If there is a new apk associated with your upgrade, your field officers will receive a prompt to download it the first time they sync after you installed the new managed package in Salesforce. The steps to download the file are as follows:
Before you Begin:
- Complete steps in Article 01 to 04 of this series.
- Confirm that the date and time of the device is correct (this could cause the download to fail.)
Download Upgrade File on Mobile Device
- Inform your field officers to find a stable connection to the internet (APK is about 11 MB.)
- Instruct your field officers to sync their devices.
- Upon syncing, they will receive a message that there is a new version of TaroWorks to be installed. Press Ok to start the download.
- If the Install is blocked, click Settings.
NOTE: These screens are device specific and could appear with different language or not at all. Please approve any requests from TaroWorks for the update.
- Temporarily allow your device to download files that are not from the Play Store by checking the box next to Unknown Sources.
- Click Install.
- Click Open.
- When the user opens the application, click Sync.
Congratulations, you have successfully upgraded to TaroWorks 4.7.X!