Every time a device attempts to connect to Salesforce instance for syncing, it transmits its Device id and IMEI number. If these conflicts with another device that TaroWorks remembers then this error will occur. Common root causes are:
- Device got a firmware upgrade or factory reset. (This is the likely scenario if this device could sync to TaroWorks before);
- Device has been rooted or modded, for example with Cyanogenmod. (This tends to create device with the same Device Id);
- Device is connecting to the internet via a second SIM card slot in a dual SIM phone (currently only the first SIM card slot should be used.)
- Multiple Android emulators have connected to the same instance.
The exact solution depends on the cause, first open the Device Tab within Salesforce (usually you need click the ‘+
’ first to find it in a list) and click Go!
You should see a table similar to the one below. If you don’t see Device Id and IMEI as columns, click Edit
(red circle) and make the necessary changes to this view.
- Confirm that you are using the correct version of the app.
- Identify the IMEI number in the Android device. (Go to Settings > About Device).
- If the IMEI number is found in the Device table, delete that record.
- If the IMEI number is not in any of the record, install the Android ID Changer on your device and follow the instructions here to change the Device ID to something not already in the table.
- Try logging in again. If the problem persist please contact TaroWorks Support.