TaroWorks supports the display of jobs and forms in ANY left to right languages encoded by the UTF-8 standard and select system languages in the Salesforce.com and Android App. For a video primer, please watch the two videos below:
(You may wish to watch in full screen for clearer resolution)
Languages currently supported in both the front-end mobile experience and the back-end Job-building experience are:
Languages currently supported in the front-end mobile experience, and crowd-sourced annually are:
If you are interesting in providing translations for additional languages, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thus, when users interact with TaroWorks there are three places where language can be controlled:
- The User-Generated Text and Labels seen in jobs and forms:
- Job and Task Names;
- Question Captions;
- Question Choices (for single and multi-select); and
- Instructional Text;
- Tab names; and
- Field names for Mobile Users, Jobs, etc.
- Determines whether picklist values should be translated by Translation Workbench
- Buttons (Jobs, Sync, Settings, Performance, Next, Prev, etc.);
- System messages (Save form, Leave Job, etc.)
To control User-Generated Text and Labels:
- Simply create forms and jobs by entering the text in UTF-8 encoding.
To control System Language for TaroWorks (in Salesforce.com):
- Change your personal language in Salesforce setup. Navigate to Setup > My Personal Information > Personal Information.
- Click Edit, and scroll down to Language field and choose the desired language.
- As the administrator, find the Mobile User and edit its language settings as per step 2 above.
To control System Language for TaroWorks (in Android Devices):
- Ensure that it is selected as the default language in the device. Navigate to Settings > Language and Keyboard > Select language and then choose your language.
To view data in Salesforce in a different language than it was input into TaroWorks:
For single-select and mutli-select responses collected with TaroWorks, you can use the translation workbench to provide translations. You can provide translations for up to 15 languages. Using the translation workbench, data collected in Spanish and be reported on in French for example. The display an input language is determined by the personal language setting for the user.