Last updated on September 25 2013
TaroWorks allows you to build jobs with various types of tasks - view resource, view data and data collect - when you define a data collect task you will need to specify which survey (a.k.a. form) you wish to collect data with. (For more information, please refer to Introduction to Jobs and Tasks and Building New Jobs.)
This article will describe how to start a new survey in draft mode - other steps such as adding questions, setting scoring and logic will be discussed in their respective documents.
- First get to the Survey Manager. Make sure you are in the TaroWorks app (red box) and click on the Surveys tab (red arrow).
- You will see the Survey Manager screen, click on New Survey (red arrow) to continue.
- You will be presented with a new page with three different options on how to create this new survey as shown below.
- The first option is to start with a Blank Survey with no existing questions, scoring, logic or field mapping. Select that choice and click Save and Continue.
- The second option is to Clone an Existing Survey. Select that choice, and then find the survey you wish to clone from the drop list then click Save and Continue. The new draft survey will have all the questions, scoring, logic and field mapping as the original.
- The third and final option is to Create from a PPI Template. For this to function your instance must have already downloaded at least one template for use. (Watch this video for more info.) Select that choice, and then find the template you wish to start with from the drop list then click Save and Continue. The new draft survey will have all ten pre-made questions, scoring, and lookup tables already there.