Often it is necessary to add instructions, clarifications or other text in a form to guide a field officer through their task. TaroWorks allows a piece of Static Content to be inserted into a form.
How to Add Static Content
- Edit an existing draft form or start a new one. Go to the Question Builder tab.
- On the left margin, click Static Content (red arrow) to add the question to the bottom, or click and drag it to insert into your form.
- Enter a Caption. This should be a treated as a title or a header. (Eg. “Warning!”)
- Enter an unformatted message in the Supporting text field. It can store up to 2,000 characters.
- Click Save to save the section.
- Scoring is not available for Static Content.
- You can set show/hide logic for a piece of Static Content as normal.
- Static Content cannot be used as condition for other questions.
- Static Content cannot be mapped to any fields.
Passing Values through Hierarchy Drill Down
- You cannot pass values from fields in the Hierarchy Drill Down into a piece of Static Content.
Viewing a piece of Static Content in the Device
- A piece of Static Content cannot be answered. When finished reading, swipe to continue to the next question.
Tips and Tricks
- By combining Static Content with logic, a wide variety of applications (eg. tests, reference manuals, etc.) can be created.