Every time a device attempts to connect to Salesforce instance for syncing, it transmits its Device Id and IMEI number. Under normal circumstance this pair of numbers are fixed. Error 10014 occurs if IMEI is the same but the Device Id number no longer match what is in the Salesforce record.
- A possible root cause is that the device is got a firmware upgrade or factory reset (This is the likely scenario if this device could sync to TaroWorks before);
- This can also happen if you are running multiple Android emulators.
Confirm that you are using the correct version of the app and change the version if required. Open the Device Tab within Salesforce (usually you need click the ‘+’ first to find it in a list) and click Go! You should see a table similar to the one below. If you don’t see Device Id and IMEI as columns, click Edit (red circle) and make the necessary changes to this view.
- Identify the IMEI number in the Android device. (Go to Settings > About Device).
- If the IMEI number is found in the Device table, delete that record.
- Try logging in again. If the problem persist please contact TaroWorks Support.