Partner Community Users and Security
- The current system for Mobile Users to log in from their TaroWorks mobile application has been replaced with a more secure system, making use of Salesforce Partner Community User licenses.
- Field Officers using the mobile app will be logging in with new credentials created for their Partner Community Users, including also a new URL (as set up for the TaroWorks Partner Community)
- TaroWorks Partner Users must have the correct permissions set in Salesforce in order to access and sync their mobile data.
- Mobile Application must be set up first with the Community URL before entering login information. In addition, URLs must be Secure and some of the URL is pre-populated to prevent errors.
- Data stored on the device is encrypted.
- TaroWorks customers now have 5gb storage included on their Salesforce instance.
Reporting, Dashboards, and File Download
- With an Internet connection, Field Officers can access read-only reports and dashboards by making use of Partner Communities.
- Field Officers can also download files made available to their Partner Community with an Internet Connection.
Performance Management - Indicators
- Ability to create Performance Indicators using Sum Calculation - you can now track performance by summing Number fields and set targets for this.
Geolocation and Job Improvements
- Geolocation fields can now be viewed in Drilldown and View Data in Jobs.
- In addition, these can be mapped from the Survey and passed in so you can keep the same Geolocation as saved before.
- Ability to Search long drilldowns in a Job on Mobile.
- Ability to edit Incomplete Jobs with incomplete Tasks on Mobile - Field Officers save an incomplete tasks and return to the Job.
- Data saved on the device is more secure than ever - new option has been added to ensure that the Field Officer consents to logs to be recorded for troubleshooting purposes.
For direct comparisons between v3.0 and v2.27.x please read this article.