You are on TaroWorks 3.0 or 3.0.1 and you are trying to update a record via and ID of type Auto-Number. You get error 00005 on the object for which you are trying to update with an auto-number ID field.
There was a bug in our 3.0 and 3.0.1 releases which will not allow an object to updated by TaroWorks via an ID that is of type Auto-Number.
Upgrade to TaroWorks 3.0.2 or above. If a new this version has yet to be released, you can create a Text field and a workflow rule to copy the value from the Auto-Number ID field to this text field. You can then use this text field to update the object from TaroWorks. Here are the steps:
- Open the Object for which you are receiving the error under App Setup >Create >Objects, click the Object Name.
- Confirm that the ID field that was being leveraged is of type Auto-Number.
- Under Custom Field & Relationships Click New button.
- Select Text for the Data Type and click Next.
- Enter the Field Label, Length, Field Name, and Description. Check Do not allow duplicate values and select the options for case insensitive.
- Select what profiles can see this id field and click Next.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to App Setup > Create > Workflow & Approvals > Workflow Rules.
- If an Understanding Workflow screen displays, click Continue.
- Click New Rule button.
- Select the object for which you just created the text field and click Next.
- Under Edit Rule, enter Rule Name and Description. Under Evaluation Criteria, select to evaluate the rule when a record is created , and every time it's edited. Under Rule Criteria select to run this rule if the following criteria are met. Enter a rule that is always true such as when the auto-number ID field is not equal to null (can leave Value blank). Click Save & Next,
- Under Identification, enter the Field Update Name, and select the text field created in prior steps for the Field to Update. Under Specify New Field Value, select Use a formula to set the new value and click Show Formula Editor.
- Click Insert Field button.
- Select the auto-number ID field and click the Insert button.
- Click Save.
- Click Done.
- Click Activate.
Note: This workflow will populate the text field for all new records and any existing records that are updated. In order to have a value in the text id field, existing records will need to be manually updated.
- Update the field mapping for any surveys that were attempting to use this auto-number ID field to update an object to leverage the text ID field we just created.
- Update all references to the auto-number id field in Jobs that were leveraging impacted surveys by replacing references (hierarchy drill down and task pass-through values) to the auto-number ID field with the text ID field.