Starting in TaroWorks 4.6, you can print the mobile user's responses to questions onto a receipt using an app called PrintHand Mobile Print. You can also try a free trial of this application here. With this feature, you can print the user's response to all question types with the following exceptions:
- PPI Questions
- Static Content
Here is the list of supported portable printers. Please make sure that your printer is supported.
You can print from TaroWorks using any of the following methods:
- Wi-Fi (using a Wi-Fi Direct printer or using a Wi-Fi router as a middle man)
- USB if USB OTG is fully supported by your device and it has Android 4.0+ installed. Please note that some of the mobile devices are unable to communicate with a printer properly even if USB Host mode is supported. This happens due to specific electrical design of the USB port. Sadly in such case the app is not likely to work properly.
This article will show you how to using this printing feature:
- A. Enabling Printing - This feature needs to be enabled in order to configure printing for surveys.
- B. Selection responses to print - Configure which questions for which responses should be printed at the end of the Survey. The responses will print in the order of the questions on the survey, and each response will be printed on a new line on the receipt.
- C. Mobile Experience - the feature in action.
- Sign in to your instance as a System Administrator.
- Click the (+) sign.
- Click Application Settings.
- Click Printing.
- Check Enable Printing for Mobile.
- To print a response, check Print Answer on Mobile.
- You can also choose to print PPI or custom scores by checking Print Score Total(s) on Mobile in the Scoring tab. This will print the Score name and the resulting score.
- After the survey, the mobile user will be presented with a option to print. They can choose to print a receipt many times, or not at all.