You can import form questions from another org using the following steps, so long as they do not contain PPI or Cascading select question types. You can achieve this by exporting the questions in a report in the source org, and then importing them into a draft form in the destination org. You will need to manually configure all the other form tabs including scoring, logic, field mapping, and any repeating section dependencies on earlier questions.
If it has PPI: Nothing can be done here. You'll have to create a new form.
If it has cascading sheet: We'd suggest that you clone the original, then delete cascading select question then use the process below with the cloned form so that the original form remains intact.
If questions only: This process will copy all the questions
Remember you will need to manually configure all the other form tabs including scoring, logic, field mapping, and any repeating section dependencies on earlier questions.
- In the source org (where the questions already exist), create the following Report Type, if it doesn't already exist.
- Create a report using this new report type containing the Question object, filtering on the Form Title and Version. The report should contain the following fields: Question Name, Caption, Maximum, Minimum, Position, Required, Response Validation, Show all questions on one page, Supporting Text/Instructions, Type.
- Export the Questions for the appropriate form version.
- In your destination org, create and save a draft form with no questions.
- Find the Form Version ID of the draft form you just created, by running a report. (You may need to create a report type for this.)
- In the report of questions you exported from the source org, create a column for the Title and Form Version Name of the new form you've created in the destination org.
- Save the report as a CSV.
- Using Data Import Wizard (in the setup menu) or an import tool of your choice, import the question data using the "Question Name" as references for the Parent, the Repeat Source Value,
- Map your fields and import the questions to the form in the destination org.