Starting TaroWorks 6.5, you can use ghost image to align photos in TaroWorks taken using Open Camera. Open Camera is an Open Source Camera app for Android™ phones and tablets. It is supported from Android 4.0.3 onwards. Some features may only be available depending on your Android version or device.
Use the following steps to install and use Open Camera in TaroWorks.
- Install Open Camera.
- To add a Ghost Image:
- Click Open Camera
- Click Settings icon > Camera Preview
- Select Ghost Image
- Select one of the options
- Last photo taken - When you take a photo, a ghost of that photo will be displayed. The ghost is reset either by leaving and returning to Open Camera, switching between photo/video modes, or turning this option off.
- Selected image - Select a specific image on your device to be displayed as a ghost (requires Android 5).
Note: For this option, the ghost image will not be displayed if Open Camera is running when your device is locked. If the image doesn't show at all, it may be that Open Camera was unable to load the selected image.
- To use Ghost Image in TaroWorks
- Start a TaroWorks job that has a photo question.
- When you have more than one camera application installed, the first time you take a photo with TaroWorks you’ll be asked which app you want to use and whether you only want to use it this once or always.
Choose Open Camera and Always.
- Proceed to take picture. The ghost image will be displayed with the live camera view.
- The picture taken