Yes, you can use a mobile device management software with the TaroWorks mobile application, but the following are some considerations.
- Allow installations from unknown sources - The TaroWorks mobile apk is installed from our website. The version of the mobile apk you install must be compatible with the TaroWorks version you have installed in your Salesforce instance. We do not distribute the mobile apk through a Google Play Listing because we want to allow our clients with remote field teams to elect if and when they want to upgrade to a particular TaroWorks version, based on the needs of their field operations. Therefore, in order to install or upgrade the TaroWorks mobile application your MDM software policies would need to allow for installations from unknown sources. Alternatively, TaroWorks could maintain a private google play listing for your organization. Please contact your Customer Success Manager for details.
- Allow access to applications used with TaroWorks - if your use case involves the use of other applications with TaroWorks such as MAPS.ME (offline mapping), Barcode Scanner, Open Camera (third-party camera application), etc., your policies will need to allow your mobile user to access those applications as well.
Some MDM platforms will enable you to safe-list certain applications for installation and upgrade while still restricting installations from unknown source. For example, the upgrade process could look like the following with applications like Esper:
- Ask mobile user to work offline during upgrade.
- Upgrade TaroWorks in Salesforce.
- Deploy new TaroWorks apk through Esper Cloud.