Please note that as a TaroWorks administrator is recommended that you test your Jobs on an actual field android device before deploying Jobs to your users if the Jobs will also be used on Android devices. Also, there is currently a known issue with NoxPlayer such that the camera will not launch for photo questions.
Use the following steps to set up TaroWorks on the emulator Nox Player for your laptop or desktop.
- Install and run Nox Player.
- By default, you may not be on Android 7. To change this, click on the Multi-instance in the panel on the right.
- Click Add emulator.
- Select Android 7.X.X.
- After the new version downloads, click Create Shortcut.
- Check your desktop for the following icon.
- Close Nox Player (in it's default android version)
- Double-click on your desktop shortcut.
- Nox player will be launched in Android 7. You can also drag this shortcut into your toolbar. Always launch Nox from this shortcut.
- Open your browser and search "TaroWorks Releases" to download the TaroWorks apk to the device.
- You also may want do download and/or set up apps like MAPS.ME, Barcode Scanner, and an email application to use some TaroWorks features.