Before TaroWorks 6.1, signature and photo questions were stored as attachments in Salesforce, and TaroWorks created a link that pointed to that attachment in field mapping. TaroWorks also using attachments for other features like cascading selects and shipping the Forms from Salesforce to the device.
The future of content management in Salesforce is with Salesforce Files. Thus in 6.1 we will be moving away from attachments to Salesforce Files. Also as a TaroWorks user you will be able to take advantage of the added features that come with Files. Before we proceed with the TaroWorks upgrade, we will convert all the attachments in your organization to files using a AppExchange app by Salesforce Labs called Magic Mover. After using this conversion tool, the owner of the files will match it's source attachments, but remainder of the system generated fields will be populated at the time of conversion.
Before you begin:
- For TaroWorks 6.1, TaroWorks support is offering to do this upgrade for you if you schedule your upgrade prior to April 30th, 2020. To schedule your upgrade for a time of low activity, please fill out a request here.
- Remember to schedule your upgrade at a time of low activity, so that mobile users can work offline during the upgrade.
The maximum attachments that Salesforce allows to be converted in 24 hours is below. If you are over this limit you'll need to open a case with Salesforce to increase the limit.
- Production - 200,000 Attachments
- Sandbox - 2,500 Attachments
- Before converting your attachments, confirm whether any other applications are using Attachments in Salesforce. If so, validate that you can convert those attachments to files. If you are unsure please contact the application vendor.
- Make a list of the objects in Salesforce where you have URL fields that the TaroWorks mobile application has written to for photos and signatures.
- Verify you are not utilizing more than 50% of your File Storage
The following high level topics will be covered in this article:
- A. Back up your Object Records
- B. Enable permission for Magic Mover
- C. Create Magic Mover Permission Set
- D. Install Magic Mover
- E. Convert Existing Attachments to Files
- Click Setup.
- Enter "Data Export" into the quick find and click Data Export.
- Click Export Now.
- Check Include images, documents, and attachments and click Start Export.
- You will see a message say that the data export is in progress.
- You will receive an email titled, "Your Organization Data Export has completed" when the export is complete. You can click the link from the email, or refresh the page from step 5.
- Click download next to the backup.
- Note: you must do this step within 48 hours of generating the backup.
- Save the file where you can retrieve it if needed.
- Note: we are backing up the attachments because we will delete them after they are converted to files. Using this backup to restore attachments is not simple process, so be sure to validate your org's use of attachments prior to deletion.
- Click Setup.
- Enter "User Interface" in the Quick Find box, then select User Interface.
- Check Enable "Set Audit Fields upon Record Creation" and "Update Records with Inactive Owners" User Permissions.
- Click Save.
- From Setup, enter "Permission Sets" in the Quick Find box, then select Permission Sets.
- Click New.
- Enter a label for your permission set and click Save.
- Click System Permissions.
- Click Edit.
- Check the following permissions in the Systems section: Modify All Data and Set Audit Fields upon Record Creation.
- In the Users section check View All Users.
- Scroll back to the top and click Save.
- Confirm by clicking Save.
- Click Manage Assignments.
- Click Add Assignments.
- Check your user account and click Assign.
- Open the Magic Mover for Notes And Attachments appexchange listing.
- Click Log in.
- Click Salesforce.
- Log in with your administrator credentials.
- Click Get it Now.
- Click Install in Production.
- Agree to the terms and condition then Confirm and Install.
- Select "Install for Admins Only" and Install.
- Click Done.
- Click the App Launcher.
- Type "Attachments" into the search bar and Select Attachments to Files.
- Select/Adjust the date range that TaroWorks attachments were created and click Filter.
- Check Select all Objects using the checkmark box at the top of the column.
- Click Convert.
- Confirm the conversion by clicking Convert Attachment.
- Conversion progress will be displayed.
- Leave this tab open to delete attachments at the end of the upgrade.
- WARNING: Do not delete any attachments at this point!
Congratulations, you have successfully migrated your attachments to files!
Please continue to the next step of your upgrade: 02. Update TaroWorks in Salesforce