Starting TaroWorks 6.4, visually impaired mobile users can use TaroWorks via Android Talkback. Talkback announces what you tap, select or activate on your mobile device.
Use the following steps to enable Talkback for your mobile devices.
- Open your mobile device's Settings app .
- Select Accessibility, then select TalkBack.
- Select Use TalkBack.
- In the confirmation dialog, tap OK.
The setup of your mobile device may vary depending on the device manufacturer, Android version, and Talkback version.
Also, please find some known issues and proposed workarounds:
- The Keyboard remains displayed on the screen/form after typing is complete. Use the mobile device Back button to exit the keyboard.
- Signatures cannot be captured on the forms when Talkback is enabled. Turn off the Talkback feature, capture the signature then turn Talkback on back again .
- There are no discrete back buttons on pop ups and any activity screens. Use the mobile device Back button to exit the screens.
Tips for User Training:
Use two fingers for scrolling down or 3 if enabled especially for the notifications bar, swiping right and left. There is no way to allow scrolling using one finger.
- Passwords are not spoken out as you type. However, this can be enabled on the settings.
Note: If this is enabled, it will not only be limited to the TaroWorks app but it will be applicable to all apps on the mobile device.
- A single tap on the Job reads out the name of the job for the user to confirm they are on the right job. Double tap the Job to open it.
- When sync is in progress, the mobile user should not navigate away from TaroWorks or open another app because this will make notifications not to be read out. Otherwise, the MU will not get the announcement of important notifications such as 'Sync ended'.