TaroWorks users can set Job Targets and Performance Indicators, enabling field staff to track their own performance at any time via their device - this in turn motivates them and allows you to execute better incentive schemes.
In order to enable this feature, a workflow needs to be setup post-install. A workflow is a set sequence of actions for Salesforce to follow under defined conditions. This article details the step-by-step instructions to set up the workflow needed.
- Please log into your instance as the system administrator.
- After logging in, click on the white oval with your name. (It would near the top right corner of any screen.)
- Click Setup from the available options as shown by red arrow.
NOTE: the Setup link could also be just beside your name instead of under your name.
PART A: Start a new Workflow Rule
- In the setup page, scroll down until you reach the App Setup section, click on small box next to Create (blue arrow) to expand the list then Workflow & Approvals (green arrow) to expand the list again.
- Click Workflow Rules. (red arrow)
- You might be shown a page explaining what Salesforce Workflow is. Click Continue.
- You will be presented with a list of All Workflow Rules. You can return here to make edits.
- Click New Rule (red box).
- In the Object droplist (red arrow), choose ‘Performance Target’.
- Click Next (green box)
- Enter a Rule Name (red arrow), we recommend “Refresh Performance Target Period”. Add a Description if necessary
- For Evaluation Criteria, select "Created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria" (green arrow).
- Scroll down to the Rule Criteria section. Under the droplist labeled Run this rule if the following, choose "formula evaluates to true" (red arrow).
- In the formula box (green arrow), copy and paste the following:
ISPICKVAL( gfsurveys__Type__c ,"performance_indicator"),
ISPICKVAL( gfsurveys__Type__c ,"job_target"),
NOT(ISPICKVAL( gfsurveys__JobTemplate__r.gfsurveys__Status__c ,"closed"))
- Click Save & Next (green box).
- The screen Step 3: Specify Workflow Actions will appear. Click Add Time Trigger (green arrow).
- Set the various fields (green box) to read: 1 / Days / After / Performance Target: End Date.
- Click Save (red arrow).
- The box labelled 1 Day After Performance Target: End Date (red box) should be created. Click Add Workflow Action (green box).
- Click Select Existing Action (red arrow).
- For the Choose Action Type picklist, choose Field Update (red arrow).
- Select “Field Update: Update Performance Target” from the Available Actions field (red box) and click Add (yellow arrow). This will move the action to the right side (green box)
- Click Save (green arrow).
- Check to confirm the new Action is added as shown (green box).
- Click Save (red arrow).
- Your new workflow should appear as shown. Click Activate (red arrow).
- Check to confirm the Active box (green box) is checked.
Congratulations, you have successfully set up the workflow required for Job Targets.
Please continue on to the next step of your installation: 05. Setting up TaroWorks Resource Library.