TaroWorks users can create a job with a View Resource task, allowing field officers to view a video through the TaroWorks mobile app. This task type is useful for training, marketing, and research. The current resource types only include video files, but it will later expand to include audio file, PDFs, pictures and others.
To create a View Resource task, it is necessary to first setup a library to store these resources. This article details the step-by-step instructions to do so.
- A. Create a New Public Group
- B. Create a Library for TaroWorks' Use
- C. Add Members to the TaroWorks Library
If you are new to Salesforce, it is recommended that you set aside 20 minutes of uninterrupted time to perform this setup. Please log into your instance as the System Ddministrator and continue with the following steps.
- Please log into your instance as the system administrator if not logged in already.
- Click Setup from the available options as shown by red arrow.
NOTE: the Setup link could also be just beside your name instead of under your name.
As Partner Community Users, your field officers need access to the library in order to download resources into their devices. Follow these steps to enable their access.
- In the setup page, scroll down until you reach the Administer section, click on small box next to Manage Users (green arrow) to expand the selection.
- Click Public Groups (red arrow).
- For a new installation, the Public Groups list will appear as shown below. Click New (red arrow).
- A New Group page will appear. In the Label field, enter TaroWorks Group .
- In the Search droplist (red arrow), select Public Groups.
- Find All Partner Users from the left Available Members side (red box) then click the Add button (yellow arrow) to move it to the right Selected Members side (green box).
- Click Save. You will see the group appear in the list as shown below.
The Library is the place where files can be uploaded (to "upload" is to “contribute” in Salesforce). You need to explicitly create a library named “TaroWorks” for it to function with View Resource tasks.
- Click on the Libraries tab. The screen below should appear.
- Click New (red arrow) next to My Libraries.
- A new Library Wizard will appear as shown below. Enter TaroWorks in the Name field.
IMPORTANT: this is case sensitive.
- Add a description (red box) to help other users find this library.
- Click Save and Close (green arrow)
Add the Public Group to the TaroWorks Library to complete granting of access.
- Click the Libraries tab.
- After it is created in Part B, the TaroWorks library will appear in the My Libraries box below. Click it.
- The screen below will appear. Click Add Members button in the Member box. (Red arrow)
- A screen as shown below will appear. Select the user name from the left (red box) then click the Add button (yellow arrow) to move them to the right (green box). Repeat as many times as necessary.
TIP: If you cannot find the name or the group you are looking for, make sure the drop-down box is set to the right category. (Individual Users, Public Groups and Standard Users can be chosen). You can also type the name in the Search box
- Click Next when ready.
- The next screen of the wizard appears as shown below. Select the appropriate level of library Permissions for each new members.
NOTE: Author permission is needed to upload files. Workspace Administrator permission is higher level, used for changing the settings of the library.
- When done, click Save.
- Repeat steps 1 to 6 for the public group TaroWorks Group created in Section B. Set the group’s permission as Author. Save when complete.
Congratulations, you have successfully set up the library required for storing resources used in the View Resource task, and enabled download of those files into android devices.
Please continue on to the next step of your installation: 08. Modify TaroWorks User Profile for the Back-End User.
To be added.