This article details the step-by-step instructions for installing the TaroWorks 4.8 managed package into Salesforce.com. Once you've completed the steps in this article, your field officers will receive a notification to upgrade TaroWorks on their mobile device upon their next sync.
Before you begin:
- You must be on TaroWorks version 4.7 or higher. If not, please upgrade to version 4.7.X first.
- You must have completed all previous articles in the series.
- Ensure all your mobile devices have a minimum of 1GB RAM
- Log in as System Administrator (Customize Application and Modify All Data permissions enabled)
- If you have any questions regarding your security model's impact to your mobile users' use of TaroWorks 4.8, please submit a ticket to email@example.com
Update TaroWorks in Salesforce
- Click the latest TaroWorks 4.8.X Salesforce Managed Package Installation Link for a Production Instance on the TaroWorks Release Page.
Note: For a Sandbox Instance, use the corresponding link. If you are installing into a sandbox the word 'sandbox' will be in the upper right hand corner.
- The page below will load. Click Install for Specific Profiles.
- **IMPORTANT** For Access Level, Select the TaroWorks Partner User access for the TaroWorks Partner User profile and TaroWorks User access for the TaroWorks User profile.
Note: If you use any custom profiles for TaroWorks users, you can also map these security permission to those profiles as well, depending on whether it is a front-end (TaroWorks Partner User) or back-end (TaroWorks User) user.
- Scroll back to the top and click the Upgrade button.
- You will receive an email with the Subject, "Package TaroWorks Install Successful" when the installation is complete.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed TaroWorks 4.8.X into your Salesforce instance!
Please continue to the next step of your upgrade: 02. Download Upgrade File to Mobile Device