Before you Begin:
- Complete steps in the previous articles.
- Confirm that the date and time of the device is correct (this could cause the download to fail.)
- Confirm your device meets system requirements.
Install TaroWorks 5.0.X to mobile device
Download the latest APK file that is compatible with Salesforce Managed Package 5.0 onto the device. Depending on how many devices you have and your internet connectivity situation, there are various options:
- Connect the Android device to the internet via Wi-Fi or mobile data connection, then download the APK from the TaroWorks Releases page. This is best suited for fast and stable connections.
- Download the APK to your computer and then email it to the tablets. Useful if you have a large field force and you want to make sure they all have the right file.
- Connect the Android device to your computer via a USB / Bluetooth connection and transfer APK to the device memory directly. This is when the installation is centralized at one office but connectivity is poor.
- Download the APK to your computer and then save the file to a micro SD card, then install the APK from the card. Useful in situations where the devices are already out in the field but the connection is extremely poor that make download or email impractical.
Once the 5.0 APK is downloaded to device:
- Tap on the APK file to open and install it.
- If the Install is blocked, click Settings.
NOTE: These screens are device specific and could appear with different language or not at all. Please approve any requests from TaroWorks for the update.
- Temporarily allow your device to download files that are not from the Play Store by checking the box next to Unknown Sources.
- Click Install.
- Click Open.
- When the user opens the application, click Sync.
Congratulations, you have successfully upgraded to TaroWorks 5.0.X!