To log in to TaroWorks on their mobile devices, you will need to create a TaroWorks Mobile User record for your field officers. If you are on TaroWorks 6.1 or below, please use this article. The following topics are covered in this article:
- A. Create TaroWorks Mobile User
- B. Set Password for Mobile User
- C. Assign TaroWorks License to Mobile User - This does not need to be done for free trials.
- D. Check CRM Content on Mobile User (Optional) - This does not need to be done for free trials or mobile users that do not have View Resource Tasks. Access to files in a View Resource Task requires a CRM Content license.
Before you begin:
- You must be on TaroWorks version 6.2 or higher. If not, please use this article to create mobile users.
- You must be on Salesforce Lighting Experience. If on Salesforce Classic, please use this article to create mobile users.
- Click the TaroWorks Mobile Users tab.
- Click New button.
- Enter all required fields.
- For Account Name, select 'TaroWorks Partner Account' (or another valid Partner Account.)
- The Username should be in the format of an email.
Note: The Email field is where password communications will be sent to. This should be your email address if you would like to set this users initial password. You can always change this value in the future.
- Select TaroWorks Partner User or your custom profile for Profile.
- Select Language that the mobile language that the user will be collecting data in.
- Click Save.
Note: Creating a TaroWorks Mobile User requires a partner community license to be available.
- An email will be sent to the Email for each TaroWorks Partner User created to set their password.
- Sign out of Salesforce.
- Go to your email and open the email with the subject "Welcome to TaroWorks".
- Click the link sent in the email to set the Partner Community User password.
- Enter the password twice and click Save.
Note: Because the password is NOT visible once you have saved it, you should record it in a safe place.
Log back into your Salesforce instance as the administrator.
- Click Setup in top right corner.
- Navigate to App Setup > Installed Packages.
Tip: Type ' Installed ' in the search bar above the menu.
- Click Manage Licenses (red box) next to the TaroWorks package.
Note: If you do not see the Manage Licenses link, you do not need to assign TaroWorks licenses.
- Click Add Users (green box).
- Click the Profile header (red arrow) to sort Users. Check the boxes (red boxes) next to Users in the Action column. Click Add (green box).
Tip: Use Create New View to set filters that you will reuse.
- Go to Setup ->Users.
- Click Edit next to the user record.
- Check the Salesforce CRM Content User checkbox.
- Click Save.
Congratulations, you now know how to add mobile users to TaroWorks!
You can enable access to records in TaroWorks app by assigning them to your Mobile Users. (See How to Assign Records to Mobile Users for details.)