TaroWorks is made up of two pieces: the managed package that is installed in Salesforce (or the back-end), and the apk that is installed on each mobile device (or the front end). You can either install the TaroWorks apk on your mobile device by downloading the latest apk directly by loading our Releases Page on your mobile device and clicking the latest apk Installation Link. (If you are on a old version of TaroWorks, you'll need to choose the compatible link.) If you are doing the installation on many devices, it may be more efficient to download the apk to your computer, and transfer the file to the mobile device via a cable.
Before you Begin:
- Complete steps in Article 01 through 03 of this series.
- Confirm that the date and time of the device is correct (this could cause the download to fail.)
- Confirm that your device meets system requirements.
- If you do not have a qualifying android device available to you, you can download Bluestacks, an android emulator, to your laptop for testing purposes only.
- If you have previously downloaded the demo version of TaroWorks from Google Play, please uninstall before proceeding.
Download APK File on Mobile Device
- Navigate to our Release Page on your mobile device. (You can google TaroWorks Releases)
- Click on the appropriate Android APK Installation Link. (If you are on a free trial, it will be the latest release.)
- An down arrow will appear at the top in your notifications bar. To check on the progress, slide your finger from the top of the screen.
- Once the download is complete, click on the installation notification.
- If the Install is blocked, click Settings.
NOTE: These screens are device specific and could appear with different language or not at all. Please approve any requests from TaroWorks for the update.
- Temporarily allow your device to download files that are not from the Play Store by checking the box next to Uknown Sources.
- Click Install.
- Click Open.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed TaroWorks! The final step is to 05. Log in to the TaroWorks app.