- A. Creating the View Data Task - In order to view a record on a Map, it must have a geolocation associated with it, and those coordinates must be made available in the Hiearchy Drill-Down.
- B. Viewing Records on Maps - In order to view maps offline, you'll need to download an application called MAPS.ME and the relevant map data.
Before you begin:
- This article is relevant to TaroWorks apk 4.0 and above.
- If you've never created a View Data Task before, review Introduction to Jobs and Tasks
- In order to view data on a map, you must have existing records in Salesforce with geolocation values associated with it.
- Click the Jobs tab.
- Click New.
- Create your View Data Task as normal, but ensure that exactly one geolocation field is in the Selected Fields for the object whose locations you want to map.
- Save your Job in draft and then publish it, as normal.
- Assign relevant hierarchy drill-down records to your mobile users.
- Log into your mobile device and start the Job you created in part A.
- In the hierarchy drill-down, when you reach an object for which you've added the geolocation field, click View all records on map.
- If you have already downloaded MAPS.ME, skip to step 6. Otherwise, click Download MAPS.ME.
- Click Install and then Accept.
- Once the download is complete, go back to TaroWorks.
- You can now click View All Records on map from the record list and all the records will be displayed on a map.
- You can also select a record from the list and click View Record on Map to view only that record's location.
Maps are a great way to visualize the geographic data associated with the information you've gathered with TaroWorks. We are continuing to develop this functionality. If you have related needs specific to your organization, feel free to leave a comment below!