This article details the step-by-step instructions for installing the TaroWorks 3.1.X managed package into Salesforce.com. Once you've completed the steps in this article, your field officers will not be able to log out of TaroWorks or sync their data. Any data collected during the upgrade process will be able to be synced to Salesforce once the upgrade is complete.
Before you begin:
- You must be on TaroWorks version 3.0 or higher. If not, please upgrade to version 3.0 first.
- Communicate to the following to your Field Officers:
- Perform a final sync
- Remain Logged into TaroWorks
- You will be prompted to download an update upon your next sync
- Log in as System Administrator (Customize Application and Modify All Data permissions enabled)
Update TaroWorks in Salesforce
- Click the latest TaroWorks 3.1.X Salesforce Managed Package Installation Link for a Production Instance on the TaroWorks Release Page.
Note: For a Sandbox Instance, use the corresponding link. If you are installing into a sandbox the word 'sandbox' will be in the upper right hand corner.
- The page below will load with package details. Click Continue.
- If this window appears, check the box to grant TaroWorks access to install.Click Continue.
- Approve the Package API Settings by clicking the Next button.
- Select Select security settings.
- For the TaroWorks User profile you created, select 'TaroWorks User' Access Level.
- For the TaroWorks Partner User profile you created, select 'TaroWorks Partner User' Access Level.
- Assign other profiles access levels as needed.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Install button. In a few minutes an email will be sent your email account confirming the result.
- Receive an email that the installation is complete.
- Refresh your Salesforce page.
- Navigate to Setup > App Setup >Installed Packages.
- In the Installed Packages table, look for ‘TaroWorks’ The version number should reflect the upgrade.
Enable MaxInstance field for System Admin Profile
- Click Setup in top right corner.
- Navigate to Administration Setup > Manage Users > Profiles.
Tip: Type 'Profile' in the search bar above the menu.
- Click System Administrator.
- Scroll down to Field Level Security. Under Custom Field Level Security, click View next to the Question object.
- Click Edit button.
- For the Field Name MaxInstance, check the box in the Visible column.
- Click Save.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed TaroWorks 3.1.X into your Salesforce instance! Until you activat the mobile upgrade, your Field Officers will remain logged in to TaroWorks and can work offline.
Please continue to the next step of your upgrade: 02. Configure TaroWorks User Profile