The Android application in the field communicates with the Salesforce database via the Partner Community feature. In this part of the configuration you will grant permissions and choose settings for how your field officers will use access TaroWorks via a Community. This article details the step-by-step instructions for configuring your TaroWorks Partner User profile in Salesforce.com. The following topics will be covered in this article:
- A. Configure Field-Level Security - Ensures your field officers can access fields for new TaroWorks features.
- B. Enable Apex Class Access - Add access for the Multiple Drill-down Hierarchy feature.
Before you Begin:
- Complete steps in Article 01 through 03 of this series.
- Log in to Salesforce as a System Administrator.
- Click Setup in top right corner.
- Navigate to Administration Setup > Manage Users > Profiles.
- Click on TaroWorks Partner User.
- Under Custom Field-Level Security click the View link next to Question.
Note: It may be easier to open the View link in another browser tab (Right Click) as you will need do this many times.
- Click Edit.
- Check all the boxes in the Visible column.
- Click Save.
- Click Back to Profile or just close the tab if you opened a new tab for this.
- Repeat the above steps, and make all the field visible for the following objects:
- Survey Version
- Under Enabled Apex Class Access, Click Edit.
- Enable the Apex Classes below by listing the class in the Enabled Apex Classes box. To move a class, select the item from the Available Apex Classes box, then click the Add button.
- Enable the following Enable Apex Classes:
- Click Save.
Congratulations, you have setup the profile for your mobile users.
Please continue on to the next step of your upgrade: 05. Enable Codes (Optional)