- TaroWorks 4.4.1 - Dec 30 2016 - Fixed ability to save scanned barcodes with non-printable characters
- TaroWorks 4.4.0 - Dec 13 2016
- Improved Cascading Select Limits - re-architected how cascading selects are sent to mobile to avoid hitting Salesforce limits
- Mobile Data Saving and Recovery
- Introduced backup of TaroWorks data - ability to send backup to support and clear backup from device
- Moved files to internal storage to prevent data corruption and data loss
- Tabular Format Repeat Section - Ability to answer a set of questions multiple times in a table / grid.
- Pass Multiple values into Repeat Section - Ability to select multiple values from a Drilldown Hierarchy and pass these to a repeat section.
Installation Instructions for 4.4.x
For a completely new installation please see our Installation Guide.
Upgrade Instructions to 4.4.x
- Once you upgrade in Salesforce, your mobile users will receive a notification to download an update on their next sync
- It is advisable to have a solid internet connection to download this update
- Resolved in 4.4.1 - Fixed ability to save scanned barcodes with non-printable characters
- Resolved in 4.4.0
- Always be careful entering in the Server URL. Make sure to double-check that it matches. See this page with Tips and Tricks.
- On Android 4.0, footers and buttons may not display on some screens like Saved Jobs. To sync, move back to the Dashboard to see the buttons. IBTFF-650.
- If device view rotates during use of TaroWorks (moving from vertical to horizontal view and vice versa), some parts might not appear correctly. We suggest turning off Device Rotation during TaroWorks use.
- Cancelling may cause some weird behavior. IBTFF-558.
- TaroWorks cannot be installed by two or more device users IBTFF-1656
- TaroWorks breaks on 64 bit + Android 5.0.x devices. To resolve this, upgrade your device(s) to Android 5.1. IBTFF-1859.
- We have had several customers have issues with Tecno phones and tablets of varying models. Issues include frequent breakdowns, poor battery life and incompatibility with TeamViewer. If possible, we'd recommend you steer clear from this make. IBTFF-1894.
- NEW! After clicking Forgot Password and then trying to enter new Password, the Partner Community opens up instead of TaroWorks app. If this happens, try again. IBTFF-2173
- NEW! Duplicate records may be created when sync'ing in an area of low/intermittent connectivity. Try to go an area with a more stable internet connection before trying to Sync.
- Answers for a cascading select questions are not saved when you leave and return to question if there is blank space in the option. IBTFF-919.
- NEW! [ODK issue] User is moved to selected, empty level of Cascading Select instead of the first level without answer if user goes there via View Index IBTFF-2302
Authentication and Sync
- Sync'ing may take a long time at the end of a job due to capturing geolocation. Sync will be faster if you wait a little while after the last job is completed.
- App may crash if you run out of storage on your device. Keep an eye on how much storage is left on the device. IBTFF-1059
- NEW! If the TaroWorks Demo version is installed in the same device that has a TaroWorks production version, it is possible to update the Community site URL and Username for TaroWorks Demo app which will cause it not to work well. We recommend that Users install only one of these two at any one time, and that the Demo apk must be uninstalled before installing a TaroWorks production version
Jobs and Surveys
- Mobile User cannot go back to edit job with 20014 error due to TW thinking it's partial submission even though it's not. IBTFF-1715
- Response Validation will be bypassed on the Mobile front for fields that get values passes from a drilldown.
- Record filtering by SF ID field does not work if there is a job using SF ID field before IBTFF-2108
- Performance Update Time is wrong for some of the timezones if timezones have Daylight Savings. IBTFF-829.
NEW! Tabular Format and Repeat Sections
- [ODK issue] Number of repeat section does not decrease if user changes number to lower value. IBTFF-1324
- There's Unexpected behavior when user does not go to auto filled required question and tries to finish job. IBTFF-2303
- When a repeat group is deleted, there is some undesirable behaviour with mapped answers in a job with mapping values from multi records on both limited and unlimited Tabular Repeat sections IBTFF-2322
- Answers on Text questions are not visible in a Tabular Format repeat section on screens with pixel density below 189. IBTFF-2286
- TaroWorks breaks when a user scrolls on unlimited tabular repeat section when black header with drill down is visible in horizontal device position. IBTFF-2280
- Mapped answers appear for new repeat group after one group in a job with mapping values from multiple records is removed.
- Currently, if there's more than 1 table in the same survey and a DDH set to Select multiple records, all tables in the survey will be driven by the number of records selected in the DDH regardless of whether or not they are passed into the Table.
- Open Bugs in Mobile Application (require login)