Central to TaroWorks is the concept of Jobs and Tasks. A Job is a defined process to be completed by a mobile user. A Task is an ordered step in that process. It is also possible to have Jobs consisting of only a single Task.
Steps to complete a Job and share it with the rest of your organization are:
- Open the Job
- Complete all Tasks.
The following high level topics will be covered in this article:
- A. Job Navigation - Accessing and navigating Jobs
- B. Input Types - The various types of questions the mobile user could be asked to answer
- C. Saved Jobs - Accessing and deleting Saved Jobs
- D. Submitted Jobs - Viewing a list of Job names that have been submitted to Salesforce
- E. Context Menu - Menu options from within a Job
- F. Completing a Job - Options like Sync Later, Sync Now, Repeat Job
- G. Search Function - finding a Salesforce record in a long drill-down hierarchy menu
- From the TaroWorks home page, all of processes the mobile user can execute are located under the Jobs icon.
- Select the Job you want to start.
- To start a new Job, click New Job.
- To view the instructions for the job click the Instructions button.
- Once the Job is selected, the list of Tasks within that Job are displayed. You can select a particular Task, or click Start Job.
- If this Job requires working with existing records from Salesforce, you'll select those first before answering any questions. The purpose of your selection should be in the first row in the black bar at the top. The type of item you're currently selecting is in the second row (the bread crumb menu).
- Once you've selected the record(s) that you need for this Job, click Next.
- To navigate forward through questions in a Form, click Next.
- To navigate backward to a previous question in a Form click Prev, or you can use your Android's native back button.
- You complete a Single Select question by clicking on the circle next to the option you want to select.
- You complete a multi-select question but checking the boxes next to all the options you want to select.
- You complete a free text field by clicking on the field to complete, and then using the keyboard to type in your response. TIP: To hide the keyboard, click on the back arrow of the device like this one shown here.
- You complete a photo question by clicking Take Picture, and then clicking the capture button in your native camera app.TIP: If you'd like to change the photo you took or to replace it, click on Retry.
- To complete a signature question click Gather Signature, then use your finger to sign on the next screen. Click Save and Close.TIP: If you'd like to change the signature, click again on Gather Signature, click Reset, and input again a signature.
- To complete a GPS question, ensure your location services are enabled and then click Record Location. When the accuracy level is acceptable, click Record Location. Otherwise, when the accuracy is less than 5m the location will automatically be captured.TIP: Here are some tips to improve accuracy of GPS location.
TIP: To edit the coordinates, click on Record Location again.
In TaroWorks, you can save a Job and access it later. For example, lets say the person you are collecting information from, does not have the particular information you need at the initial interview. You can save the job and complete it later. It is important to name the job in a manner that if you come later to review saved jobs you can know which job to edit. For example, if you are registering new farmers, you could save the Job as the name of that farmer so that when the farmer returns with the remaining information it's clear which Job to resume.
To save a job without marking it complete:
- Tap on the three dots (contextual menu) on the top right.
- Select Leave Job.
- Input a name for the Job in progress.
- Click Save.
To access saved Jobs:
- From the TaroWorks home screen, click Jobs.
- Select the Job containing the saved Jobs you want to open.
- Select Saved Jobs.
- You'll find saved jobs that have not been marked complete under the Incomplete Jobs tab.
- Click on the Job you'd like to resume.
Once a Job has been marked complete and succesfully synced, you can view a list of the Jobs that had previously been sent into Salesforce.
- From the TaroWorks home screen click Jobs.
- Select the Job for which you'd like to review the list.
- Select Saved Jobs.
- Click the Synced Jobs tab.
- Here you will see the name of the Jobs that have been sucessfully submitted/synced.
Anytime you have additional actions available to you, there will be a 3-dot menu in the upper right-hand corner. These actions will change based on where you are accessing the menu from. The following the are actions you can take from within a Form.
- View Index: This shows you all the questions and responses on the Form and you can easily navigate to a specific question by clicking on it.
- Form Version: Gives information regarding the name of the Form and the version of the form. This may be requested by your system administrator.
- Go to Start: This will take you to the beginning of the Form.
- Go to End: This will take you to the end of Form.
- Leave Job: Leave Job will give you options whether to save or discard the job.
For situations where a mobile user knows they have limited connectivity, TaroWorks has the ability to Sync Later after completing a Job.
Steps to complete a Job and Sync Later:
- Mark the final Task in the Job Complete.
- Rename the Job(optional) and select Sync Later.
To access Jobs that have been Marked Complete but have not been synced into Salesforce:
- From the TaroWorks home page, click Jobs.
- Select the Job you'd like to access.
- Click Saved Jobs.
- Click Completed Jobs tab.
- Once you are in an area with internet, you can click Sync from the same screen, from the TaroWorks home page, or after completing a Job.
Repeat job is an easy way to start the Job again without navigating through all your Salesforce record menus again. At the end of the Job, you will see a page like the one below. If you want to do the same Task again starting at the last Salesforce record selection you have to make for this Job, click on Repeat Job.
The Search function automatically appears when the list of Salesforce records to choose from for a Job is longer than can be displayed on the screen. When you start typing, the list will filter down to only those records containing the string you have entered.
If you have any questions regarding the above please reach out to TaroWorks Support at email@example.com.