This article details the step-by-step instructions for installing the TaroWorks 6.0.X managed package into Salesforce.com. Once you've completed the steps in this article, your field officers will receive a notification to upgrade TaroWorks on their mobile device upon their next sync.
Before you begin:
- It is always best practice to communicate your upgrade to your end mobile users in advance. This should include
- The timeframe for the upgrade, so that mobile users can sync before and after and work offline during the upgrade process
- That they will need to have connectivity to download the new version of TaroWorks after the upgrade
- You must be on TaroWorks version 5.1. If not, please upgrade to version 5.1.X first.
- Log in as System Administrator (Customize Application and Modify All Data permissions enabled)
Update TaroWorks in Salesforce
- In your sharing settings, if you have set any TaroWorks objects to "Private", please record which objects these are or simply take a screenshot to be used in the next article.
- Click the latest TaroWorks 6.0.X Salesforce Managed Package Installation Link for a Production Instance on the TaroWorks Release Page.
Note: For a Sandbox Instance, use the corresponding link. If you are installing into a sandbox the word 'sandbox' will be in the upper right hand corner.
- The page below will load. Click Install for Specific Profiles.
- **IMPORTANT** For Access Level, Select the TaroWorks Partner User access for the all profile used by TaroWorks mobile users including the TaroWorks Partner User profile, and TaroWorks User access for all back-end TaroWorks users including the TaroWorks User profile.
- Scroll back to the top and click the Upgrade button.
- Starting in TaroWorks 6.0, we offer a mobile money integration to read payment information from our partner Beyonic. Using the mobile money feature is optional and requires further setup, but the application needs permission to Beyonic's API to perform the upgrade. Check Yes, grant access to these third-party web sites.
- Click Continue. You will notice that new permissions for Beyonic are required. While this is enabled by default, Beyonic cannot communicate to your instance until you configure the API Key by following these steps.
- You will receive an email with the Subject, "Package TaroWorks Install Successful" when the installation is complete.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed TaroWorks 6.0.X into your Salesforce instance!
Please continue to the next step of your upgrade: 03. Update Permissions