TaroWorks allows you to build jobs with various types of tasks - View Resource, View Data and Collect Data - when you define a data collect task you will need to specify which Form you wish to use to collect data.
The Form Manager is an important focal point where you create, edit and publish forms. It also where you access other functions such as PPI templates and the Cascading Select Manager.
The Form Manager Page Explained
1. To get to the Form manager, make sure you are in the TaroWorks app (red box) and click on the Forms tab (red arrow)
2. You will see a screen similar to the one below, listing all the existing forms in the table below (blue box):
- In the table of forms (blue box) you will find the following columns and options:
- Draft - The form has never been published.
- Published - The form has been published and is accepting data.
- Updating - Starting in TaroWorks 4.3, the updating status indicates that unpublished changes that are pending for an already published form.
- Closed - The form has been published but is now closed and not accepting new data. This form can no longer be edited.
- This is the title of the form in bold. If you have set an alias, it will be displayed below the title.
- This displays which salesforce user created the form.
- This displays the date when the form was first created.
- This displays the date when the form was last modified.
- This display the total number of responses that TaroWorks has received for that form across all survey versions. Clicking on a non-zero number will open a new page showing you the responses in detail.
- Edit (yellow pencil button) - Clicking this icon allows you to edit a form.
- Publish (green play button) - Clicking this icon allows you to publish a draft form which allows it to be used in Job. This icon also allows you to push any changes made to a published form, which will be reflected in any associated published Jobs. After a new form version has been published and the mobile user has synced, all new Jobs make use of the newly published form version. Jobs that were started before the sync will continue using the form version they were started on.
- Close (red do not button) - Clicking this icon allows you to close a published form, stopping all future data from coming in.
- More Actions - clicking this display a dropdown menu with the following options:
- Preview - this opens the form’s preview tab;
- Clone - This will create an identical copy of the form in draft mode. It is most useful for making changes to an existing published form;
- Edit XForm - This allows the user to change the XForm of a draft form. This is recommended for advanced users in specific situations only;
- View XForm - This allows the user to read the XForm of a published or closed form;
- Delete - Delete the draft form. Not available for published or closed forms; and,
- Export to CSV - Email all collected data by version for that form in a comma separated values (.csv) file to the user.
- Status - click to sort
- Title - click to sort
- Created by - click to sort
- Created date - click to sort
- Last Modified date - click to sort
- Response Count - click to sort
- In the top (red box) you will find features to control which forms are displayed in the table:
- The droplist filters the table by form status, the default option is “Draft and Published”. Other available options are “Draft”, “Published”, “Closed” and “All”.
- Table display 20 forms in a page, use the links to navigate to forms not shown on this page.
- Next Page / Previous Page
- Above the table (green box) you will find three buttons:
- This takes you to the new form wizard to begin a form from the beginning, clone an existing form or start from a form template.
- Please see Creating a New Form for more information.
- This takes you to a new page where you can add, edit and delete the option lists used for Cascading Selects question type.
- Please see Creating and Uploading an Options List for Cascading Selects for more details.
- This takes you to a new page where you can download and use pre-made Grameen Foundation Progress out of Poverty Index templates.
- Please watch this video for more information.
- New Form
- Cascading Select Manager
- Template Manager