Available YouTube Video(s) for this Topic:
At the heart of any data collection task is a form made up of questions. TaroWorks provides a simple, visual method via the Question Builder to create these forms (as known as ‘forms’ in other applications) where you can quickly add, edit, and delete various types of questions and sections.
Question Builder is generally where you will spend a significant amount of your time in the deployment phase compared to other parts in Salesforce because of the customization needed to fit your operations - and in general this needs to be done first before any scoring, logic, and mapping can be applied.
This article will go over the basics of adding, editing, moving and deleting questions in the Question Builder tab - the specifics of each question types are covered in their respective articles here.
Note: There is a maximum size of a form so we recommend that you keep your forms under 300 questions. If you have single/multi-select questions with extremely long response options lists, this also impacts the maximum number of question you can have in a single form. For extremely long questionnaires, you can also break them up into multiple form across multiple tasks to gather the same amount of data within a single Job.
- Begin by starting a new form or editing an existing one. Access the Question Builder tab by clicking it on the navigation bar as shown (red box).
- You will then be presented with the screen similar to the one shown below with any previously saved questions (in grey rectangles) and sections (in orange rectangles). Note the following features:
- Question palette
- Cancel / Save / Save and Continue
How to Add a Question or Section
- Simply click a button in the palette for the question type or section type that you wish to add. (For example, Free Text as shown by the red arrow.)
- NOTE: If this has no effect, close any question or section that is already being edited first.
- Alternatively: Drag and drop the question type to where you want it to be, in between questions. (TaroWorks will show you where you may drop a question or a section with a light orange slim box.)
- NOTE:For specifics on how to add each question type, please refer to the respective articles.
How to Edit a Question or Section
How to Delete a Question or Section
- Click Delete (red arrow) for the question or section you wish to delete.
- A dialog box will appear asking you to confirm.
- Click OK (red arrow) to delete the question or section.
- NOTE: A question that is mapped to a required field may not be deleted.
- NOTE: Deleting a section will also delete all questions within it.
How to Move a Question or Section
- Move your mouse to the left edge of the question or section you wish to drag (green box). The edge to change colour and the hand cursor should appear.
- Click and drag the question to the desired location. Valid drop zones are marked by a faint orange box.
- Release the mouse button to set the new location for the question. The form will save automatically.