Last updated on December 14 2013
As it is not possible to edit a published survey, it is always a good idea to preview the survey before publishing it. The Preview tab in Surveys allows you to get important information about the survey all in one page. This document will describe how to find and use this tab.
Using the Preview Tab
- Begin by starting a new survey or editing an existing one. Access the Preview tab by clicking it on the navigation bar as shown (red box).
- You will then be presented with the view below. Note that this view is completely passive - there is nothing you can do here that would change the survey.
- Click on the Print button near the top right corner (green box) to print out the preview.
- When finished, click Close (located at the bottom right corner) to return to the Survey Manager. Alternatively, click another tab to edit that part of the survey again.
In the preview, the following key information can be found:
- All the fields found in Settings are shown under “Survey Info” on the left hand side.
- The scoring groups (if present) are shown under “Survey Info” on the right hand side.
- All Sections and Questions are shown in the “Survey Preview” in boxes.
- Title and help text for the questions can be seen clearly at the top.
- Any scoring values are shown in red numbers on the left of the options.
- Any logic conditions set are shown in the dark grey rounded corner box.
- Any questions set as required or has special restrictions are shown in gray text in the bottom right corner of the boxes.
Tips and Tricks
- The Preview tab can be useful when copying questions.
- Note that field mapping cannot be seen in Preview while the survey is in Draft mode- that should be seen in the Field Mapping tab instead. After the survey has been published, you can view Field Mapping and PPI Lookup Tables also through Preview.