This article details the step-by-step instructions for installing the TaroWorks 6.1.X managed package into your Salesforce instance. Once you've completed the steps in this article, your field officers will receive a notification to upgrade TaroWorks on their mobile device upon their next sync.
Before you begin:
- It is always best practice to communicate the upgrade to your end mobile users in advance. This communication should include:
- The time frame for the upgrade, so that mobile users can sync before and after and work offline during the upgrade process.
- That they will need to have connectivity to download the new version of TaroWorks after the upgrade.
- You must be on TaroWorks version 6.0.x If not, please upgrade to the latest version of 6.0.X first.
- Log in as System Administrator (Customize Application and Modify All Data permissions enabled)
Update TaroWorks in Salesforce
- Click the latest TaroWorks 6.1.X Salesforce Managed Package Installation Link for a Production Instance on the TaroWorks Release Page.
Note: For a Sandbox Instance, use the corresponding link. If you are installing into a sandbox the word 'sandbox' will be in the upper right hand corner.
- The page below will load. Click Install for Specific Profiles.
- **IMPORTANT** For Access Level, Select the TaroWorks Partner User access for the all profile used by TaroWorks mobile users including the TaroWorks Partner User profile, and TaroWorks User access for all back-end TaroWorks users including the TaroWorks User profile.
- Scroll back to the top and click Upgrade.
- You will receive an email with the Subject, "Package TaroWorks Install Successful" when the installation is complete.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed TaroWorks 6.1.X into your Salesforce instance!
Please continue to the next step of your upgrade: 03. Update Converted Files