Before you begin:
- To use the new TaroWorks Mobile User management functionality in 6.5, your TaroWorks Administrators need to use the Salesforce Lightning Experience. You should only perform the steps in this article if your TaroWorks Administrators are using Lighting.
- If they are still using Salesforce Classic, you will not be able to use the enhanced functionality and have to skip this step
- Once you do start using the Lightning experience you can return to this article to use the streamlined mobile user management features.
This article will cover how to add and use custom fields on the TaroWorks Mobile User Object. For example, your organization may want to associate TaroWorks Mobile Users with a Department value and to track that on the TaroWorks Mobile User object.
A. Adding Custom fields to the TaroWorks Mobile User Object
- Click Setup.
- Click Object Manager.
- Enter TaroWorks Mobile User into the Quick Find.
- Click the TaroWorks Mobile User object.
- Click Fields and Relationships.
- Add your custom field(s) to the TaroWorks Mobile User object.
B. Adding Custom fields to the TaroWorks Mobile User Page Layout
- Click Fields Sets from the details column.
- Click Contact Detail Field Set.
- Drag the Department to the Field set list.
- Click on Save.
Repeat steps 7-9 to add the Department to Contact Edit Field Set and Contact View Field Set.