To log in to TaroWorks on their mobile devices, your field officers will need to be an active Partner Community User with a username and password. The following topics are covered in this article:
- A. Create Contact Records - All Partner Community users are linked to a Contact Record.
- B. Generate Partner Community User from Contact - Create Partner Community User record and credentials for mobile access.
- C. Set Passwords for each Partner Community User - If you would rather centralize password management for your Field Officers, you can set their initial passwords.
- D. Assign TaroWorks License to each Partner Community Users - In order for a Community site to be accessed by its members, and for your Field Officers to access the Salesforce back-end, the Community need to be published.
- Click the Contact tab.
- Click New button.
- For Account Name, select 'TaroWorks Partner Account' (or another valid account created with these steps)
- Enter all required fields.
- Click Save.
- On the Contact record just created, click Manage External User and select Enable Partner User.
Note: If you do not see the Manage External User button, follow these instructions to add it to the page.
- Enter the required fields. The username should be in the form of an email. Note: The Email field is where password communications will be sent to. This should be your email address if you would like to set this users initial password. You can always change this value in the future.
- Set User License to Partner Community.
- Set Profile to TaroWorks Partner User.
- Check Salesforce CRM Content User.
- In the Company field, enter your organization's name.
- Click Save button.
- If you have additional field officers to grant access, repeat Part A and Part B above to create more contact records and make them partner users.
- An email will be sent to the Email for each TaroWorks Partner User created to set their password.
- Sign out of Salesforce.
- Go to your email and open the email with the subject "Welcome to TaroWorks".
- Click the link sent in the email to set the Partner Community User password.
- Enter the password twice and click Save.
NOTE: Because the password is NOT visible once you have saved it, you should record it in a safe place.
- Repeat steps 2-4 to set passwords for your new field officers.
If you are currently in a TaroWorks evaluation, you do not have to follow this step.
- Log back into your Salesforce instance as the administrator.
- Click Setup in top right corner.
- Navigate to App Setup > Installed Packages.
Tip: Type 'Installed' in the search bar above the menu.
- Click Manage Licenses (red box) next to the TaroWorks package.
- Click Add Users (green box).
- Click the Profile header (red arrow) to sort Users. Check the boxes (red boxes) next to Users in the Action column. Click Add (green box).
Tip: Use Create New View to set filters that you will reuse.
Tips and Tricks:
- You can return here and remove licenses from inactive users and reassign them to others.
- You can change a Partner Community User username, but the user should be logged off first.
- You can only have one Partner Community User per contact.
- Unchecking the Active box stops that user from connecting to Salesforce.
Congratulations, you now know how to add mobile users to TaroWorks!
Please continue on to the next step of your installation: 03. Assigning Records to Mobile Users.