This article details the step-by-step instructions for installing the TaroWorks 3.0 managed package into Salesforce.com. Once you've completed the steps in this article, your field officers will not be able to log out of TaroWorks or sync their data. Any data collected during the upgrade process will be able to be sync'd to Salesforce once the upgrade is complete.
Before you begin:
- Communicate to the following to your Field Officers:
- Perform a final sync
- Remain Logged into TaroWorks
- You will be prompted to download an update, once upgrade process is complete
- You will receive new credentials to log into TaroWorks 3.0
- Note: If your Field Officer is not logged into TaroWorks when you perform this update, they will not be able to log back in during the upgrade process, and will need to manually update their TaroWorks apk rather than be auto-upgraded.
- Log in as System Administrator (Customize Application and Modify All Data permissions enabled)
Update TaroWorks in Salesforce
- Click the latest TaroWorks 3.0 Salesforce Managed Package Installation Link for a Production Instance on the TaroWorks Release Page.
Note: For a Sandbox Instance, use the corresponding link. If you are installing into a sandbox the word 'sandbox' will be in the upper right hand corner.
- The page below will load with package details. Click Continue.
- If this window appears, check the box to grant TaroWorks access to install.Click Continue.
- Approve the Package API Settings by clicking the Next button.
- Select Select security settings.
- For the TaroWorks User profile you created, select 'TaroWorks User' Access Level.
- For the TaroWorks Partner User profile you created, select 'TaroWorks Partner User' Access Level.
- Assign other profiles access levels as you see fit.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Install button. In a few minutes an email will be sent your email account confirming the result.
- Receive an email that the installation is complete.
- Refresh your Salesforce page.
- Click the “Force.com App Menu”, it is the blue oval at the top right corner, TaroWorks should now display in the drop-down list.
- Click Setup in top right corner.
- Navigate to App Setup > Installed Packages.
Tip: Type 'Installed' in the search bar above the menu.
- You should see TaroWorks in the table below with the version number you have just installed. Click Manage Licenses next to the TaroWorks package.
- Click Add Users.
- Check the boxes next to any users that will need to access TaroWorks, including yourself. Click Add.
Note: If the TaroWorks support team set up your Performance Workflows or Calculations the support user account will require a license as well for these functions to run. If you are strained for licenses, you can also delete these records and recreate them under an internal admin's account that has a TaroWorks license.
- In the future if you have new users, you will need to perform steps 1-5 for them as well.
Enable MaxInstance field for System Admin Profile
- Click Setup in top right corner.
- Navigate to Administration Setup > Manage Users > Profiles.
Tip: Type 'Profile' in the search bar above the menu.
- Click System Administrator.
- Scroll down to Field Level Security. Under Custom Field Level Security, click View next to the Question object.
- Click Edit button.
- For the Field Name MaxInstance, check the box in the Visible column.
- Click Save.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed TaroWorks 3.0 into your Salesforce instance! Until you complete step 10. Activate Mobile Upgrade, your Field Officers will remain logged in to TaroWorks and can work offline.
Please continue to the next step of your upgrade: 03. Create Community