This article details the step-by-step instructions for configuring your TaroWorks Community in Salesforce.com. The following topics will be covered in this article:
- A. Create TaroWorks Community - The Partner Community is a Salesforce feature enabling companies to collaborate with their customers, partners, external stakeholders, or in TaroWorks' case, your enumerators.
- B. Add Members to Community - As Community members, your field officers can connect to your Salesforce back-end securely. In the Partner Community, companies can grant specific permissions to Community members to create records, view reports and access various features and reports.
- C. Customize Community - You have the ability to customize the look and feel of your Community site.
- D. Publish Community - In order for a Community site to be accessed by its members, and for your Field Officers to access the Salesforce back-end, the Community need to be published.
Before you Begin:
- Complete steps in Article 01 and 02 of this series.
- Log in to Salesforce as a System Administrator.
- Click Setup in top right corner.
- Navigate to Customize > Communities > All Communities.
Tip: Type 'Communities' in the search bar above the menu.
- Click New Community button.
- Choose a Template.
- In Create Community window, enter 'TaroWorks' for Name.
- Complete the URL with 'taroworks'.
- Click the Create Community button.
- A success message will appear. Click the Go to Community Management button.
- In the Community Management window, under Quick Links, click Members. (You can also click Administration > Members)
- Set the Search to All and search for TaroWorks.
- Click the Find button.
- Move TaroWorks Partner User from Available Profiles to Selected Profiles, by highlighting and clicking the Add arrow.
- (Optional) Repeat steps 2 and 3 above to add additional members to your community. You can also grant access to selected Permission Sets.
- Click the Save button.
- In the Community Management window, Click Login & Registration.
- Click on this link to download the TaroWorks logo.
- Click the Choose File button to upload it.
Tip: to use your own image, Max Width = 250 pixels, Max Height = 125 pixels high, must be JPEG, GIF or PNG format.
- Enter 'TaroWorks' for Footer Text.
- Click the Save button.
- Click Overview from the Community Management window.
- Click Activate.
Note: The URL in this window will be the Community URL your Field Officer will enter when logging in to their mobile devices.
- Click OK. A success message will display.
Congratulations, you successfully set up the community site required to communicate with your field officers’ Android devices. To get the most out of your Salesforce Community, you can read more here.
Please continue to the next step of your upgrade: 04. Configure TaroWorks User Profile.