You have now finished all the configuration steps in Salesforce for TaroWorks 3.0. Any jobs that your field officers have done while you were upgrading will be synced into Salesforce. You now need to activate the auto-update for your field officers so that they can log in on their Android device as Partner Community Users, send any completed jobs and continue their work as before. The steps for the following topics are contained in this article:
- A. Activate Auto-Upgrade - This will trigger a notification to your field officers' mobile devices that a new version of TaroWorks is available for download.
- B. Download and Install Upgrade File - Support your field officers in the auto-upgrade process.
Before you Begin:
- Complete steps in Article 01 through 09 of this series.
- Log in to Salesforce as a System Administrator.
- Click on the + tab to access additional tabs.
- Click on Application Settings.
- Check the Is Active checkbox next to the record with Version Number 3000.
- Click Save.
- Inform your field officers to find a stable connection to the internet (APK is 20 MB.)
- Instruct your field officers to sync their devices.
- Upon syncing, they will receive a message that there is a new version of TaroWorks to be installed. Press Ok to start the download.
- If the Install is blocked, click Settings.
NOTE: These screens are device specific and could appear with different language or not at all. Please approve any requests from TaroWorks for the update.
- Temporarily allow your device to download files that are not from the Play Store by checking the box next to Uknown Sources.
- Click Install.
- Click Open.
Congratulations, you have successfully activated TaroWorks Mobile v3.0 for your field officers!
Please continue on to the final step of your upgrade: 11. Log in to TaroWorks App