During the installation of the TaroWorks managed package, settings were mapped to the TaroWorks User Profile you created. There are 3 additional manual configurations. This following topics will be covered in this article:
- A. Enable CRM Content and Reporting
- B. Configure Custom Object Permissions
- C. Configure Field-Level Security
Before you Begin:
- Complete steps in Article 01 through 07 of this series.
- Log in to Salesforce as a System Administrator.
- Click Setup.
- Navigate to Administration Setup > Manage Users > Profiles.
Tip: Type 'Profiles' in the search bar above the menu.
- Find the TaroWorks User profile, click Edit next to it.
- In Administrative Permissions, check Manage Reports in Public Folders. (Enables editing reports and seeing progress for Job Targets and Performance Indicators.)
- Check Manage Salesforce CRM Content. (Enables backend users to handle resources.)
- Check Manage Users. (Enables creation of partner users for the field officers.)
- In Custom Object Permissions, check the box in the Read column for Devices.
- Scroll to the top and click Save.
- Continuing from B. in the list of profiles, click on the TaroWorks User profile directly.
- Under Field Level Security, in the Custom Field-Level Security section, click View next to Submission.
- Click Edit.
- For Device check the box in the Visible column.
- Click Save button.
Congratulations, you have successfully updated the TaroWorks User Profile for the Back-End User!
Please continue on to the next step with your upgrade: 06. Configure TaroWorks Partner User Profile