This error is usually caused when the user account of the author of a survey that is attempting to be sync'd has been deactivated. The owner of all records created in TaroWorks via survey field mapping is the Salesforce user who has created the survey. If that user has been deactivated, Salesforce will throw this error because an inactive user may not own new records.
If the user was deactivated inadvertently, you can simply reactivate the user:
- Log in as a System Administrator, go to the Setup Menu and navigate to Administration Setup > Manage Users > Users.
- Find the User that created the survey and reactivate them.
- Tell your field officers to sync again.
If you do not want to reactive the user account (Example: the individual has left the organization), you can also transfer the ownership of the survey records using the following steps:
- Click Setup in top right corner.
- Navigate to Administration Setup > Data Management > Mass Transfer Records.
Tip: Type 'Transfer Records' in the search bar above the menu.
- Click Transfer Surveys.
- Enter the inactive user the Survey records are going to be transferred from and then the active user that the records will be transferred to. Click Find.
- Select the Survey you'd like transferred by checking the box next to the survey name If you'd like to transfer all surveys, check the box next to Title to select all records. Click Transfer.
- A success record will display and the user will no longer receive the 00004 Error when syncing.
- In order to be able to clone the Survey in Salesforce, repeat these steps but transfer Survey Mappings owned by the inactive user.