This article details how to control what Jobs display on the device of a mobile user. The following topics will be covered:
- A. Update Job Owner - This feature enables queues to get generated for Jobs created by TaroWorks Users.
- B. Enabling Assigning Jobs to Groups - This feature is turned off by default. These steps must be followed to enable Assigning Jobs to Groups. When these steps are completed all Field officers will still be able to see all Jobs.
- C. Creating a Group - You can assign Jobs to individual users, or to Public Groups. This section will show you how to create these groups.
- D. Assigning Jobs to Individuals/Groups - Once you have created the Groups you can assign Jobs to them.
Before you Begin:
- Have TaroWorks 3.1 or above installed in your Salesforce Instance.
- Log in to Salesforce as a System Administrator.
- If you would like other profiles to be able to assign Jobs to Groups, please see these instructions.
- If your instance is not alive, in A. Enabling Assigning Jobs to Groups from step 6 to 8.
- Switch to Salesforce Classic.
- Click Jobs tab.
- Remove everything in the URL after force.com/ and replace it with apex/PublicGroupsSetup.
- Click Update Job Owners button.
- Click OK.
All existing Jobs have now been added to the TaroWorks Partner User group, so that initially everyone has access to all existing Jobs.
- Navigate to Administration Setup > Security Controls > Sharing Settings.
- Click Edit.
- Set the Default External Access for the Job Object to Private. (There is a checkbox for Grant Using Hierarchies. If this is Checked, then permissions also follow role hierarchy rules.)
- Click Save.
- Navigate to Administration Setup > Manage Users > Public Groups.
- Click the New button.
- Enter the Label to describe the group.
- Search for Partner Users and add Available Members by selecting the Partner Users' name and clicking the Add button.
- Once you have added all the partner users you would like to the group, click the Save button.
NOTE: The maximum number of groups (without subgroups) is 45.
- Click the Jobs tab.
- Click the More Actions menu and select Assign to Groups.
- Scroll to the Queue Members section. If you do not want all your field officers to see all Jobs, remove the "All Partner Users" from the Selected Members box.
- For Search either select Public Groups or Partner Users. Select the individuals or groups you would like to assign this Job to, and move them to the Selected Members Box. (You cannot do Job Assignments with Roles.)
- Click Save.
- To activate Assigning Jobs to groups on TaroWorks Version 7.1.X for internal users, the internal sharing setting for the Job Object must be set to private.
- On TaroWorks version 7.1.X, in order to still have Job builders see all Jobs in Salesforce, you need to create a sharing rule to open access back up to this user group.
- On TaroWorks versions before 4.3.0, System Administrators can also Assign Jobs to Groups through the Assign to Public Groups button from the Job record.
Note: On TaroWorks versions before 4.3.0, non-System Administrators can also Assign Jobs to Groups through the the following steps:
- Click Edit on a view in order to easily access the Groups.
- In Step 3, Select Owner Alias and click the Add button. (You may also want to move this field to the top)
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Owner Alias of a Job that you want to assign to a Group.
- Click Edit.
Congratulations, you successfully set up Assigning Jobs to Groups. When you turned on Assigning Jobs to Groups, all of your existing Jobs were assigned to the All Partner Users group, therefore continuing to allow all of your mobile users to see all Jobs until you update these assignments. However, when you create a new Job going forward, the Job will not be assigned to any users or groups by default and therefore will not be visible on mobile devices until an assignment is made.