This article will explain how to use the click-to-call feature introduced in TaroWorks 4.8. Click-to-call will allow you to expose a phone number from a record in Salesforce as a link in your Drill-down Hierarchy or in your Form. If the mobile user clicks on that link, your native phone application will open with the selected phone number pre-populated. After the phone call is complete, the user would use their native back button to return to where they left off in TaroWorks.
- A. Expose Phone Number in Drill-Down Hierarchy - Here we will show how to expose a phone number in drill-down hierarchy.
- B. Click to Call in Mobile- A step by step process on using the click to call feature on your mobile device.
- C. Expose Phone Number in Forms - Here we will show how to configure clickable phone numbers in your Form through Task-Mapping or Dynamic Operations.
- D. Phone Number Formats that are Clickable- Formats you can expect to automatically highlight for clicking.
Before you Begin:
- Ensure you have TaroWorks version 4.8 or higher installed on both Salesforce and your mobile device. Here are instructions on installing on Salesforce and for mobile.
- Ensure you have TaroWorks 7.0 or higher installed in order to click-to-call in Forms
- The phone number should be in the following Salesforce Fields Types: Text, Phone Number and Number.
- In the drill-down hierarchy of your job, the phone number you want to be clickable must be in the Selected Fields column.
- Add either a View Data Task or a Collect Data Task to your Job.
- Save and Publish Job.
- Start your Job and select the View Data or Collect Data task you created above.
Note: If your phone number is not in the last level of the drill-down, the mobile user will have to click on the paper icon to the left of the record in order to see the Selected fields. You'd also have to use this paper icon if you can select multiple records in the last level of the drill-down hierarchy.
- Select a Record from your Drill-Down Hierarchy.
- You will see the Mobile Phone highlighted in blue and underlines as the image below. If the number has not been highlighted, it needs to be translated to an acceptable format listed in the section below.
- Click on the link and your native phone app will open with the phone number pre-populated.
- Click Send to make your call. Phone carrier charges do apply.
- Once you're done with the call. Click the native Back button.
- You will be returned to where you left off in TaroWorks and you can continue with the other tasks on that Job.
- Task map a phone number value into a Text question.
- Save Job.
- Publish Job.
- The Mobile Phone numbers in supported formats are highlighted for click-to-call.
- Once you're done with the call, use the native back button to return to TaroWorks.
Note: If a dynamic operations calculation populates a text question with a support format, it will be highlighted for click-to-call.
All real phone numbers of a region will be recognized if the device language- region is set to that region. But also some phone numbers will be recognized even if the region is set to a different one if phone number lengths match.
Other scenarios where phone number will be highlighted are:
- Number starting with 0 and are more than 4 digits
- Numbers starting with +
- Numbers starting with 01 then -
- Numbers starting with 2 digits then a hyphen
- Numbers starting with 3 digits then a hyphen
- Numbers starting with 4 digits then a hyphen