If your mobile users are receiving the error "TLS 1.0 has been disabled in this organization. Please use TLS 1.1 or higher when connecting to Salesforce using https, ERROR UNSUPPORTED_CLIENT", you have activated a Salesforce update that is only compatible with the following combinations of TaroWorks and Android OS versions:
|TaroWorks Version||Android Version|
|4.3 or Above||4.4.x|
Your options are to deactivate the critical update until it will be forced on March 4th, 2017 or to update TaroWorks and ensure that no devices are below Android 4.4.x as this functionality is not compatible with Android versions below 4.4.x.
OPTION 1: Deactivate Critical Update
- Go to Setup > Critical Updates.
- Click Deactivate next to the update name "Require TLS 1.1 or higher for HTTPS connections".
- Tell your mobile users to Sync.
OPTION 2: Upgrade TaroWorks
Since Salesforce is making changes to improve security and will no longer be supporting TLS 1.0,TaroWorks unfortunately will only be able to support Android versions 4.4.x and above. This is effective as of June 2016 for sandboxes and July 2017 for Production instances.
- If your mobile users are on Android versions above 4.4.x, there is no action required by your team.
- If your TaroWorks users are on Android versions below 4.4.x, you have two options. The first is to upgrade the OS on the device. If that is not possible, than you'll unfortunately need use TaroWorks on a different mobile device.
- If you have TaroWorks users on Android version 4.4.x you have two options. The first is to upgrade the OS on the device. If that is not possible, than you'll need to upgrade to TaroWorks 4.3 or above.
Please do not hesitate to contact your Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions or concerns.
Here are the upgrade instructions. You'll need to start with the articles for the immediate next version after your current version of TaroWorks.